Chitra Soundar’s books are published across the world – in Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Pakistan and of course India to the UK, France, Germany and the USA. Although Chitra can speak only English, Tamil and Hindi, she would be very happy to visit schools, libraries and book festivals across the world to tell her stories.
- Pattan’s Pumpkin has ben released in the US in September 2017.
- You’re Safe With Me will be out in the US in April 2018.
- Farmer Falgu Goes on a Trip and Farmer Falgu Goes to the Market are currently available in the US.
- Farmer Falgu Goes on a Trip is out in Germany as a German-English bi-lingual version.
- Farmer Falgu Goes on a Trip and Farmer Falgu Goes to the Market are already available in France.
- The entire Farmer Falgu series is available in India.
- Where is Gola’s Home? and Balu’s Basket from Tulika Books is also available in India
- The Prince Veera series is also available in India
- Farmer Falgu Goes to the Kumbh Mela has been released in Thailand.
- Where is Gola’s Home? Anansi’s New Web and Upside Down are available in Pakistan.
Chitra currently lives in England, UK. She often travels across the UK for her school visits. If you are a school or a library, from within the UK, please click here.
If you are thinking about inviting Chitra from a school outside the UK, especially in the US, here are a few things to note:
- Chitra has friends and family in San Francisco, New Jersey, New York City, Chicago, Boston and Victoria, Canada. So if you’re from one of these cities, Chitra will be more than willing to sort out dates quickly. US Schools – please download a school visits brochure here.
- It would be cost-effective to pool time and expenses with more than one school in your city or town. But if you are able to sponsor a visit, you can invite me to a single school too.
- Chitra will work with the school to plan the content of the visit and prepare ahead.
- 2018 US dates are available in April, May and from August onwards.
Not able to invite in person? Skype options are also available. Chitra does taster sessions for free for 15 minutes with schools that are working on topics about India and have read her books. Longer sessions including assemblies, classroom talks and Q&A are available on request. Please get in touch if this interests you.