Chitra Soundar’s books are published across the world – in Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Pakistan and of course India to the UK, France, Germany and the USA. Although Chitra can speak only English, Tamil and Hindi, she would be very happy to visit schools, libraries and book festivals across the world to tell her stories.
Here is some upcoming international book news:
- Farmer Falgu Goes on a Trip is currently available in the US.
- Pattan’s Pumpkin will be released in the US in September 2017.
- Farmer Falgu Goes on a Trip would be coming to Germany soon.
- Farmer Falgu Goes on a Trip and Farmer Falgu Goes to the Market are already available in France.
- The entire Farmer Falgu series is available in India.
- Where is Gola’s Home? and Balu’s Basket from Tulika Books is also available in India
- The Prince Veera series is also available in India
- Farmer Falgu Goes to the Kumbh Mela has been released in Thailand.
- Where is Gola’s Home? Anansi’s New Web and Upside Down are available in Pakistan.
Chitra currently lives in England, UK. She often travels across the UK for her school visits. If you are a school from within the UK, please click here.
If you are thinking about inviting Chitra from a school outside the UK, here are a few things to note:
- It would be cost-effective to pool time and expenses with more than one school in your city or town.
- It would be easier if international school visits are planned at least 6 months in advance. However if you want something sooner, do get in touch.
- Chitra will work with the school to plan the content of the visit and prepare ahead.
- Chitra has friends and family in San Francisco, New Jersey, New York City, Chicago, Boston and Victoria, Canada. So if you’re from one of these cities, Chitra will be more than willing to sort out dates quickly.
Not able to invite in person? Skype options are also available. Chitra does taster sessions for free for 15 minutes with schools that are working on topics about India and have read her books. Longer sessions including assemblies, classroom talks and Q&A are available on request. Please get in touch if this interests you.