This is a Write30 prompt. That means you read the prompt, ponder for a minute or two and then get down to writing. See where it takes you.
Bring an element of Halloween into your story – it doesn’t need to be a scary story or a thriller. It can be drama or comedy involving Halloween in the background. It can be scene with no more than 3 characters and an animal. The scene can be a new one or one that can happen in your current WIP.
Here are some scenarios!
- Your character has not been invited to a Halloween party
- Your character has a funny encounter at a party?
- Your character’s attempt at making a costume is ridiculous and goes terribly wrong.
- Halloween Party turns into something else…
- A case of mistaken identity
After the session, find examples from books where great writers have done the same thing! Note down your observations and learnings.